Wednesday, September 15, 2004

 
Last night, I watched Kill Bill, Vol. 2 & Wonderland. How hot is Val Kilmer? Not to mention Uma Thurman as well. I highly recommend both. Also, I think I'm sort of in love with Josh Lucas. Anyway, Wonderland should have gotten a better rap. The direction was great (James Cox), at least I thought so. Rather innovative. It seems as if his only other real movie so far is Highway, starring three of my beautiful babies: Jared Leto, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Selma Blair. Perhaps I'll have to rent it someday. Highway was written by Scott Rosenberg, who also wrote High Fidelity & Beautiful Girls. Liked both. Natalie Portman.

IMDB trivia: Scott Rosenberg was arrested for a bar brawl while out with Vince Vaughn and Steve Buscemi, the latter of which was stabbed three times during the scuffle. [April 2001]

Wonderland was good except for Dylan McDermott's sideburns were horribly fake. And he wasn't too convincing as the awful bad dude. Sorry Dylan. You're more convincing in a suit.

Kill Bill, Vol. 2 kicked ass. I do believe I liked it better than the first, but now I definitely do want to watch the full running from beginning to end.

I believe that IMDB is one of the coolest sites in the world.

Saturday, I went to see Ju-On at the Alamo Village. It was by the same director of the Japanese version of the Ring (Ringu). Creepy, good story, decent. But I want to be scared out of my socks.

Please email me the scariest movie you can recall. Still looking forward to seeing the prequel to the Exorcist. Seriously, I want something to haunt me with nightmares in the middle of the night. I want to scream out loud in a theater with fear. Is that possible anymore? Is that possible now that I'm no longer 15 and the horrors of real life are worse than any scary effects used in a late night movie? Perhaps, but try, I have heard CandyMan recommended twice, but I think I've seen that and it was just sort of scary. But maybe I'll give it another try...

Friday, I went to see Garden State. I loved it. Went by myself. Wanted to bawl my eyes out, yet I have become somewhat numb. I am trying to work on that. So I didn't cry to myself in the theater. But yes, now I am officially in love with Zach Braff, writer/director. I think I might get the soundtrack. I think I might get the Wonderland soundtrack as well. I love soundtracks. I know it's somewhat cheating the artists of their full cd buying potential, but hey, at least if I love one of their songs, maybe I will consider buying the entire album. Just know you're contributing to my sanity and back off already, k? Thanks.

I have checked out Ordinary People from the library. I can't really recall the premise of this movie, but I know it caught me off-guard one time when I watched it prior and I need that again. I haven't had a good cry (or a good scare) in awhile. I did get caught off-guard yesterday when my sister spoke to me about what a loser I was for not working and she said out loud everything we already know, but hey, I know what I'm doing even if it's just the fact that I know I have no idea what I'm doing. Isn't it the journey that matters anyway?? Or are we all just telling ourselves that to make us feel better about being lazy?

"Good luck exploring the infinite abyss."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?